REED SD-2010-KIT Heat Stress Data Logger Kit
REED SD-2010-KIT Heat Stress Data Logger Kit
The REED SD-2010 Heat Stress Meter with datalogging capabilities is the one tool you need for longterm monitoring and datalogging of environmental conditions to keep your cool this summer.
REED SD-2010-KIT Offers
This heat stress data logger measures temperature, humidity, and direct or radiant sunlight with Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT). With this information the SD-2010 determines the "What it feels like" temperature. The SD-2010 is OSHA recommended and also features a user-adjustable WBGT audible alarm and the ability to adjust settings for indoor temperature measurement. Using a SD card (max 16Gb), a user can select a desired sampling rate and quickly generate an Excel file on a SD card without the use of software. Optional accessories include a tripod and AC adapter for continuous long-term monitoring. Optional PC software also allows a user to track live measurements.
- Measures temperature, humidity, dew point, wet bulb, black globe, indoor/outdoor WBGT
- Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT) considers the effects of temperature, humidity and direct or radiant sunlight
- In/Out function displays the WBGT value with or without direct sun exposure
- Black Globe Temperature (TG) monitors the effects of direct solar radiation on an exposed surface
- Adjustable audible alarm
- User selectable unit of measure (°F or °C)
- Data hold and Max/Min functions
- Real-time data logger with integral SD memory card
- User selectable sampling rate from 1 to 3600 seconds
- Easy-to-read backlit LCD display
- Optional PC software features live tracking via USB connection
- Tripod mount for long-term monitoring
- Low battery indicator and auto shut off
REED SD-2010-KIT Specifications
|Measuring Ranges||Air: 32 to 122.0°F (0 to 50.0°C)
Dew Point: -13.5 to 120.1°F (-25.3 to 48.9°C)
Wet Bulb: -6.9 to 122.1°F (-21.6 to 50°C)
Black Globe: 32 to 176°F (0 to 80°C)
Indoor WBGT: 32 to 138°F (0 to 59°C)
Outdoor WBGT: 32 to 132°F (0 to 56°C)
|Accuracy||Air: ±1.5°F (±0.8°C)
Black Globe: ±1.1°F (±0.6°C)
Indoor WBGT: ±1.8°F (±1°C)
Outdoor WBGT: ±2.7°F (±1.5°C)
|Measuring Range||5 to 95% RH|
|Accuracy||>70% RH: ±(3% rdg + 1% RH)
<70% RH: ±3% RH
|Response Time||1 sec|
|Display||4-digit dual LCD|
|Real-Time Clock and Date Stamp||Yes|
|Selectable Sampling Rate||Yes (1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60, 120, 300, 600, 1800, 3600s)|
|External Memory||Yes, expandable up to 16Gb with SD card (optional)|
|Auto Shut-off||Yes (after 10 mins/off)|
|Low Battery Indicator||Yes|
|Power Supply||6 x AA batteries or AC Adapter (optional)|
|PC Connectivity||USB Cable (optional)|
|Software||SW-U801-WIN Software (optional)|
|Software OS Compatibility||Windows XP / Vista / 7|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 122°F (0 to 50°C)|
|Storage Temperature||14 to 140°F (-10 to 60°C)|
|Operating Humidity Range||10-85%|
|Dimensions||Instrument: 7.0 x 2.7 x 1.8" (177 x 68 x 45mm)
Black Brass Ball Diameter: 2.9" (75mm)
Don't Lose Your Cool. Manage Work Place and Athlete Heat Stress.
Sometimes we only use the air temperature as a measure of how comfortable we will feel when working or playing outside. But when the days get longer and the sun becomes stronger we need to take into account a lot more than air temperature.
Heat-induced illnesses, such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke occur when your body can't keep itself cool. The evaporation of sweat is slowed on hot and humid days causing your body temperature to rise and become ill.
Symptoms of Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- Dizziness, Headache, Weakness, Nausea
- Rapid Heartbeat, Cramps, Chest Pain
- Labored Breathing, Lack of Sweating
- Mood changes such as irritability or confusion
- High fever (104°F and Higher) for Heat Stroke Victims
Preventing Heat Stress
- Know signs/symptoms of heat-related illnesses; monitor yourself and coworkers
- Block out direct sun or other heat sources
- Rest regularly
- Drink lots of water; about 1 cup every 15 minutes
- Wear lightweight, light colored, loose-fitting clothes
- Avoid alcohol, caffeinated drinks, or heavy meals
And most importantly….Monitor the conditions you are in with a Heat Stress Meter
These meters measure how hot it REALLY feels outside when humidity is combined with temperature, air movement and radiant heat.
What is WBGT or Wet Bulb Globe Temperature?
WBGT index is a term used in industry, sports and other areas to indicate the heat stress level for humans and animals. It calculates the heat stress of direct sunlight, which takes into ac¬count temperature, humidity, wind speed, sun angle and cloud cover. This type of meter com¬bines these factors into a single number so you can quickly take into account the conditions you are in.
What is Black Globe Temperature (TG)?
Skin can burn when it comes in contact with exposed machinery, tools and containers left in hot direct sunlight. Black Globe Temperature represents the integrated effects of radiation and wind on these objects.
What's included with the REED SD-2010-KIT
- SD-2010 SD Series WBGT Heat Stress Meter Data Logger
- Soft Carrying Case
- 4GB SD card
- REED R1500 Lightweight Tripod
- REED 650ml Water Bottle
Ideal Applications for the REED SD-2010-KIT
- Sports (leisure, organized, and professional)
- Kids playing at school or daycare
- Employees who work in intensive situations
- Indoors and outdoors