REED SW700-KIT Heat Stress Stop Watch Kit
The REED SW700 Heat Stress Stop Watch is the all in one tool to quickly and easily monitor your environmental conditions to keep your cool this summer.
REED SW700-KIT Offers
The REED SW700 Heat Stress Stop Watch provides fast and accurate measurements of temperature and humidity. This stop watch also calculates heat index as well as dew point, making it ideal for sports and other outdoor application. The SW700 features a calendar mode, with date and time, as well as a stopwatch mode.
- Calendar mode displays day, date and time
- Stopwatch/chronograph mode with 1/100 second resolution
- Fastest/Slowest/Average Lap recall
- 99 lap counter with 30 lap/split memory
- 10 hour countdown timer with audible beeper warning for the last 5 seconds
- 12 or 24 hour clock operation
- Full LCD display with LED backlight
- Silent operation option
- Dual power: solar panel and battery
- 1 ATM water resistant (IPX4 rated)
REED SW700-KIT Specifications
|Measuring Ranges||Temperature: 23 to 122°F (-5 to 50°C)
Heat Index: 70 to 122°F (22 to 50°C)
|Accuracy||±1.8°F (1.0°C)(32 to 104°F(0 to 40°C))
|Measuring Range||1 to 99% RH|
|Accuracy||±5% RH (40% to 70%)
±8% RH (Other)
|Timing Capacity||9 hrs, 59 mins, and 59 secs|
|Lap Memory||30 laps|
|12 or 24 hour clock||Yes|
|Power Supply||CR2032 battery or Solar Panel|
|Battery Life||Approx. 1000 hours (Alkaline)|
|Product Certifications||CE, IPX4|
|Operating Temperature||14 to 140°F (-10 to 60°C)|
|Storage Temperature||14 to 140°F (-10 to 60°C)|
|Operating Humidity Range||0 to 99%|
|Dimensions||2.7 x 3.6 x 1.0" (68 x 92 x 23 mm)|
Don't Lose Your Cool. Manage Work Place and Athlete Heat Stress.
Sometimes we only use the air temperature as a measure of how comfortable we will feel when working or playing outside. But when the days get longer and the sun becomes stronger we need to take into account a lot more than air temperature.
Heat-induced illnesses, such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke occur when your body can't keep itself cool. The evaporation of sweat is slowed on hot and humid days causing your body temperature to rise and become ill.
Symptoms of Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- Dizziness, Headache, Weakness, Nausea
- Rapid Heartbeat, Cramps, Chest Pain
- Labored Breathing, Lack of Sweating
- Mood changes such as irritability or confusion
- High fever (104°F and Higher) for Heat Stroke Victims
Preventing Heat Stress
- Know signs/symptoms of heat-related illnesses; monitor yourself and coworkers
- Block out direct sun or other heat sources
- Rest regularly
- Drink lots of water; about 1 cup every 15 minutes
- Wear lightweight, light colored, loose-fitting clothes
- Avoid alcohol, caffeinated drinks, or heavy meals
And most importantly….Monitor the conditions you are in with a Heat Stress Meter
These meters measure how hot it REALLY feels outside when humidity is combined with temperature, air movement and radiant heat.
What is WBGT or Wet Bulb Globe Temperature?
WBGT index is a term used in industry, sports and other areas to indicate the heat stress level for humans and animals. It calculates the heat stress of direct sunlight, which takes into ac¬count temperature, humidity, wind speed, sun angle and cloud cover. This type of meter com¬bines these factors into a single number so you can quickly take into account the conditions you are in.
What is Black Globe Temperature (TG)?
Skin can burn when it comes in contact with exposed machinery, tools and containers left in hot direct sunlight. Black Globe Temperature represents the integrated effects of radiation and wind on these objects.
Whats included with the REED SW700-KIT
- REED SW700 Head Stress Stop Watch
- REED 650ml Water Bottle
Ideal Applications for the REED SW700-KIT
- Sports (leisure, organized, and professional)
- Kids playing at school or daycare
- Employees who work in intensive situations
- Indoors and outdoors