REED SD-2010-KIT Heat Stress Data Logger Kit
The REED SD-2010 Heat Stress Meter with datalogging capabilities is the one tool you need for longterm monitoring and datalogging of environmental conditions to keep your cool this summer.
REED SD-2010-KIT Offers
The REED SD-2010 SD Series WBGT Heat Stress Meter provides accurate measurements of Wet Bulb Globe Temperature and Black Globe Temperature as well as humidity, dew point, and air temperature. This Heat Stress Meter also features a built-in datalogging function: allowing you to track and monitor conditions.
- Black Globe Temperature (TG) monitors the effects of direct solar radiation on an exposed surface
- Also measures humidity, wet bulb, dew point and air temperatures
- User adjustable WBGT threshold with audible alarm if threshold is exceeded
- Data hold and Max/Min record
- Real time SD memory card datalogger with built-in clock and calendar
- No extra software needed, just plug the SD card into the computer and it downloads directly to EXCEL
- RS-232 and USB computer interface
- LCD with backlight displays temperature in °C or °F
- Includes black brass ball with sensor and soft carrying case.
REED SD-2010 Specifications
|Humidity||5 to 95% RH|
|Air Temperature||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)|
|Dew Point Temperature||-25.3 to 48.9°C (-13.5 to 120.1°F)|
|Wet Bulb Temperature||-21.6 to 50.0°C (-6.9 to 122.2°F)|
|Black Globe Temperature||0 to 80°C (32 to 176°F)|
|Indoor WBGT Temperature||0 to 59°C (32 to 138°F)|
|Outdoor WBGT Temperature||0 to 56°C (32 to 132°F)|
|Humidity||≥70% RH: ±(3% rdg + 1% RH)
<70% RH: ±3% RH
|Air Temperature||±0.8°C (±1.5°F)|
|Black Globe Accuracy||±0.6°C (±1.1°F)|
|Indoor WBGT Temperature||±1°C (±1.8°F)|
|Outdoor WBGT Temperature||±1.5°C (±2.7°F)|
|Auto Sampling Time||1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60, 120, 300, 600, 1800, 3600 seconds|
|Memory Card||SD memory card, 1 GB to 16 GB|
|Power Supply||6 x AA 1.5V UM3 batteries|
|Dimensions||Unit: 177 x 68 x 45mm; Black Ball: 75mm dia.|
Don't Lose Your Cool. Manage Work Place and Athlete Heat Stress.
Sometimes we only use the air temperature as a measure of how comfortable we will feel when working or playing outside. But when the days get longer and the sun becomes stronger we need to take into account a lot more than air temperature.
Heat-induced illnesses, such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke occur when your body can't keep itself cool. The evaporation of sweat is slowed on hot and humid days causing your body temperature to rise and become ill.
Symptoms of Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- Dizziness, Headache, Weakness, Nausea
- Rapid Heartbeat, Cramps, Chest Pain
- Labored Breathing, Lack of Sweating
- Mood changes such as irritability or confusion
- High fever (104°F and Higher) for Heat Stroke Victims
Preventing Heat Stress
- Know signs/symptoms of heat-related illnesses; monitor yourself and coworkers
- Block out direct sun or other heat sources
- Rest regularly
- Drink lots of water; about 1 cup every 15 minutes
- Wear lightweight, light colored, loose-fitting clothes
- Avoid alcohol, caffeinated drinks, or heavy meals
And most importantly….Monitor the conditions you are in with a Heat Stress Meter
These meters measure how hot it REALLY feels outside when humidity is combined with temperature, air movement and radiant heat.
What is WBGT or Wet Bulb Globe Temperature?
WBGT index is a term used in industry, sports and other areas to indicate the heat stress level for humans and animals. It calculates the heat stress of direct sunlight, which takes into ac¬count temperature, humidity, wind speed, sun angle and cloud cover. This type of meter com¬bines these factors into a single number so you can quickly take into account the conditions you are in.
What is Black Globe Temperature (TG)?
Skin can burn when it comes in contact with exposed machinery, tools and containers left in hot direct sunlight. Black Globe Temperature represents the integrated effects of radiation and wind on these objects.
What's included with the REED SD-2010-KIT
- SD-2010 SD Series WBGT Heat Stress Meter Datalogger
- Soft Carrying Case
- 4GB SD card
- REED R1500 Lightweight Tripod
- REED 650ml Water Bottle
Ideal Applications for the REED SD-2010-KIT
- Sports (leisure, organized, and professional)
- Kids playing at school or daycare
- Employees who work in intensive situations
- Indoors and outdoors