REED R6200-KIT Heat Stress WBGT Meter Kit
The REED R6200 Heat Stress WBGT Meter is a quality instrument to monitor your environmental conditions to keep you cool this summer.
REED R6200-KIT Offers
This heat stress meter measures temperature, humidity, and direct or radiant sunlight with Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT). With this information the R6200 determines the "What it feels like" temperature. The R6200 is OSHA recommended and also features a user-adjustable WBGT audible alarm and the ability to measure heat index, dew point and barometric pressure.
- Measures ambient temperature, humidity, wet bulb temperature, black globe temperature, WBGT (wet bulb global temperature), heat stress index, dew point and pressure
- Heat Stress Index measures how hot it feels when humidity is combined with temperature, air movement and radiant heat
- Black Globe Temperature (GT) monitors the effects of direct solar radiation on an exposed surface
- In/Out function displays the WBGT value with or without direct sun exposure
- Multi-line backlit LCD display simultaneously displays 4 measurements
- Maximum, Minimum, Average and Data Hold functions
- Internal memory stores up to 99 measurements
- User selectable unit of measure (°F or °C)
- User adjustable WBGT threshold alarm (audible)
- Tripod mount for long-term monitoring
- Low battery indicator and auto shut off
- Adjustable height up to 56"
- Durable and lightweight aluminum alloy design
- 3-section leg lock system with non-slip rubber feet
- Quick release plate and bubble level
- Added stability with weight hook
- Tilt motion easily changes instrument orientation
REED R6200-KIT Specifications
|Measuring Ranges||Air Temperature: 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C)
Black Globe: 32 to 176°F (0 to 80°C)
WBGT (Indoor): 59 to 138.2°F (15 to 59°C)
WBGT (Outdoor): 59 to 132.8°F (15 to 56°C)Ω
|Accuracy||Air Temperature: ±1.1°F (±0.6°C)
Black Globe: ±0.6°C (20~50°C), other ±1°C
WBGT (Indoor): ±2.7°F (±1.5°C)
WBGT (Outdoor): ±3.6°F (±2°C)
|Measuring Ranges||0 to 99.9% RH|
|Accuracy (@ 25°C)||10% to 70% RH: ±3%
Rest of Range: ±5%
|Measuring Range||300 to 1100 hPa (inHg, mmHg switchable)|
|Resolution||1 hPa, 0.1 inHg, 0.1 mmHg|
|Dew Point/Wet Bulb Calculation||Yes|
|Response Time||1 sec|
|Internal Memory||Yes, up to 99 measurements|
|Auto Shut-Off||Yes (after 15 mins/off)|
|WBGT Alarm||Yes (audible)|
|Low Battery Indicator||Yes|
|Power Supply||4 x AAA Batteries, Optional AC Adapter|
|Product Certifications||CE, RoHS|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C)|
|Operating Humidity||<80% (non-condensing)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 122°F (-20 to 50°C)|
|Storage Humidity||<90% (non-condensing)|
|Dimensions||Instrument: 6.4 x 2.3 x 1.3" (162 x 58 x 32 mm)
Black Brass Ball Diameter: 2.0" (50 mm)
Don't Lose Your Cool. Manage Work Place and Athlete Heat Stress.
Sometimes we only use the air temperature as a measure of how comfortable we will feel when working or playing outside. But when the days get longer and the sun becomes stronger we need to take into account a lot more than air temperature.
Heat-induced illnesses, such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke occur when your body can't keep itself cool. The evaporation of sweat is slowed on hot and humid days causing your body temperature to rise and become ill.
Symptoms of Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- Dizziness, Headache, Weakness, Nausea
- Rapid Heartbeat, Cramps, Chest Pain
- Labored Breathing, Lack of Sweating
- Mood changes such as irritability or confusion
- High fever (104°F and Higher) for Heat Stroke Victims
Preventing Heat Stress
- Know signs/symptoms of heat-related illnesses; monitor yourself and coworkers
- Block out direct sun or other heat sources
- Rest regularly
- Drink lots of water; about 1 cup every 15 minutes
- Wear lightweight, light colored, loose-fitting clothes
- Avoid alcohol, caffeinated drinks, or heavy meals
And most importantly….Monitor the conditions you are in with a Heat Stress Meter
These meters measure how hot it REALLY feels outside when humidity is combined with temperature, air movement and radiant heat.
What is WBGT or Wet Bulb Globe Temperature?
WBGT index is a term used in industry, sports and other areas to indicate the heat stress level for humans and animals. It calculates the heat stress of direct sunlight, which takes into ac¬count temperature, humidity, wind speed, sun angle and cloud cover. This type of meter com¬bines these factors into a single number so you can quickly take into account the conditions you are in.
What is Black Globe Temperature (TG)?
Skin can burn when it comes in contact with exposed machinery, tools and containers left in hot direct sunlight. Black Globe Temperature represents the integrated effects of radiation and wind on these objects.
What's included with the REED R6200-KIT
- REED R6200 Heat Stress WBGT Meter
- REED R1500 Lightweight Tripod
- REED 650ml Water Bottle
Ideal Applications for the REED R6200-KIT
- Sports (leisure, organized, and professional)
- Monitor seasonal conditions to ensure safe environment at school or daycare
- Ensuring safe work environments