REED 8778-KIT Heat Stress WBGT Meter Kit
The REED 8778 Heat Stress WBGT Meter is a quality instrument to monitor your environmental conditions to keep you cool this summer.
REED 8778-KIT Offers
The REED 8778 Heat Stress WBGT Meter effectively measures Wet Bulb Globe Temperature, which factors in humidity, temperature, and radiant or direct sunlight, as well as Black Globe Temperature, which tracks the effects of direct solar radiation on a surface. This Heat Stress Meter also features accurate Heat Stress Index calculation, for a "feels like" weather reading.
- Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT) considers the effects of temperature, humidity and direct or radiant sunlight
- Heat Stress Index measures how hot it feels when humidity is combined with temperature, air movement and radiant heat
- Black Globe Temperature (TG) monitors the effects of direct solar radiation on an exposed surface
- In/Out function displays the WBGT value with or without direct sun exposure
- View individual temperatures or indices in either °F or °C
- User adjustable WBGT threshold with audible alarm if threshold is exceeded
- RS232 output
- Tripod mount design for longterm monitoring
- Adjustable height up to 56"
- Durable and lightweight aluminum alloy design
- 3-section leg lock system with non-slip rubber feet
- Quick release plate and bubble level
- Added stability with weight hook
- Tilt motion easily changes instrument orientation
REED 8778 Specifications
|Humidity Range||0 to 100% RH|
|Humidity Accuracy||±3% RH: 10 to 90% RH
±5% RH: R.O.R.
|Humidity Resolution||0.1% RH|
|Air Temperature Range||0.0 to 50.0°C (32 to 122°F)|
|Air Temperature Accuracy||±0.6°C (±1.1°F)|
|Black Globe Temperature Range||0.0 to 80.0°C (32 to 176°F)|
|Black Globe Temperature Accuracy||±1°C: 15 to 40°C, ±1.5°C: R.O.R. Indoor
±1.5°C: 15 to 40°C, ±2°C: R.O.R. Outdoor
|WBGT Temperature Range||0.0 to 50.0°C (32 to 122°F)|
|WBGT Temperature Resolution||0.1°C (0.1°F)|
|Power Supply||2 x AAA batteries|
|Dimensions||10 x 1.9 x 1.1" (254 x 49 x 30mm)|
|Black Ball Dimensions||2.95 x 2.95" (75 x 75mm)|
Don't Lose Your Cool. Manage Work Place and Athlete Heat Stress.
Sometimes we only use the air temperature as a measure of how comfortable we will feel when working or playing outside. But when the days get longer and the sun becomes stronger we need to take into account a lot more than air temperature.
Heat-induced illnesses, such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke occur when your body can't keep itself cool. The evaporation of sweat is slowed on hot and humid days causing your body temperature to rise and become ill.
Symptoms of Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- Dizziness, Headache, Weakness, Nausea
- Rapid Heartbeat, Cramps, Chest Pain
- Labored Breathing, Lack of Sweating
- Mood changes such as irritability or confusion
- High fever (104°F and Higher) for Heat Stroke Victims
- Swollen hands, feet and ankles
- Confusion, Hallucinations, Fatigue, Exhaustion
- Loss of consciousness
Preventing Heat Stress
- Know signs/symptoms of heat-related illnesses; monitor yourself and coworkers
- Block out direct sun or other heat sources
- Rest regularly
- Drink lots of water; about 1 cup every 15 minutes
- Wear lightweight, light colored, loose-fitting clothes
- Avoid alcohol, caffeinated drinks, or heavy meals
- Spend at least two hours a day in a cool or air-conditioned area
- Take cool showers or baths
And most importantly….Monitor the conditions you are in with a Heat Stress Meter
These meters measure how hot it REALLY feels outside when humidity is combined with temperature, air movement and radiant heat.
What is WBGT or Wet Bulb Globe Temperature?
WBGT index is a term used in industry, sports and other areas to indicate the heat stress level for humans and animals. It calculates the heat stress of direct sunlight, which takes into account temperature, humidity, wind speed, sun angle and cloud cover. This type of meter combines these factors into a single number so you can quickly take into account the conditions you are in.
What is Black Globe Temperature (TG)?
Skin can burn when it comes in contact with exposed machinery, tools and containers left in hot direct sunlight. Black Globe Temperature represents the integrated effects of radiation and wind on these objects.
Whats included with the REED 8778-KIT
- REED 8778 Heat Stress WBGT Meter
- REED R1500 Lightweight Tripod
- REED 650ml Water Bottle
Ideal Applications for the REED 8778-KIT
- Sports (leisure, organized, and professional)
- Kids playing at school or daycare
- Employees who work in intensive situations
- Indoors and outdoors